Tuesday, July 1, 2014

004

I am going vegetarian! Oh boy!

It's really because I'm experiencing some health issues that would be lessened if I ate a healthier and high fiber diet. As I looked over what I can eat, it became obvious that the best choice was to go vegetarian!

So far I'm reading about what I should be eating, what sort of supplements I should take, and what sort of side effects I might have. I'm not looking forward to bloating...but I hope it goes away fairly fast!

Mostly to start out I'll just be making large amounts of soups and vegetable curries to get me going. I'll be eating fresh fruits for breakfast and snacks.

I suppose my new diet will be a combination of vegan and vegetarian. While I'm not doing this for ethical reason and am not looking to intentionally eat vegan, I imagine a lot of what I will be eating WILL be vegan. I'm also going to eat gluten-free (because Celiac's runs in my family and most vegetarian options are gluten-free anyways) and low-dairy. As it is, I already drink almond milk and don't eat much dairy. Most of this will just happen naturally. I'm also cutting back on my alcohol intake a LOT.

I'm really excited though!

No comments:

Post a Comment